how to start the game?

Models + Mapping, Computer & SOF Problems.
Reactions: 2

Re: how to start the game?

Post by Grim »

heh, choose your words more carefully.
friend.

sof i stopped playing because the servers were empty.
I will wait a month if the sof "revives"
Reactions: 0

Post by Sharksk »

dmd wrote: 28 Sep 2022, 21:52 With game not running,
make a copy of "sof.exe" (save the copy in another Directory/ Folder)
rename sof.exe to mohaa.exe (not the one you copied and backed up, rename the original in SoF folder)
launch mohaa.exe
how does it work? i've upgraded to win 11 and the game didnt start, so i believed for your tip and changed it to mohaa.exe and it works, how? lol
Reactions: 16

Post by Keifer »

Mohaa was published by EA made by ID Software who made Quake, SoF is branched off Q2 engine.
Reactions: 5

Post by Trekker »

It is more to do with the Path to the ".exe" in the Registry which is set when the game is being installed and Microsoft's Legacy .dll assigned to the game. (older games)
Any name other than the one in the Registry (or even the ".exe" launched from another path), should allow the game to use it's own libraries and launch.

Portable SoF, should not experience this exact behaviour.

With Win7, it was easier to delete the whole key in the Registry rather than editing.
I myself, had no issues with win 10 straight install and launch, but no longer using 10.
Reactions: 14

Post by Evil4N »

Acadie wrote: 02 Oct 2022, 21:23 This is a well known issue and has even been fixed in the GOG troubleshooting.

From mouse acceleration to this. I might think someone is cursing you with black magic. Image
Can you tell me more about this mouse acceleration @Acadie
Reactions: 15

Post by Acadie »

That Windows still enable mouse acceleration in game even when you have it disabled? Usually, a registry fix solve this problem but for Maker, it didn't work.
Reactions: 14

Post by Evil4N »

Acadie wrote: 08 Oct 2022, 23:21 That Windows still enable mouse acceleration in game even when you have it disabled? Usually, a registry fix solve this problem but for Maker, it didn't work.
Mine just got fixed a few days ago, after windows update (Windows 11, updated to version 22H2) . However around the same time I also updated my nvidia drivers. So it is either both or one of them that fixed my SoF. However... this fix only seems to be working on my newer SOF CE 7.0 installation. My older sof installations somehow got the dende-fix removed and is nolonger starting up except in the running-process-window.

Also another SOF installation that got tested with dende-fix is no longer working. So my old sof installations stopped working again but it fixed my mouse acceleration issue on the sof ce 7.0 installation. Interesting eh. Also fullscreen mode isn't working either, but who cares about that when the mouse acceleration issue is solved somehow.

So my advice to the older players: instead of re-applying dende-fix, forget about it, just get sof ce 7.0 and copy your personal sof files to the newer installation. If I was admin of this forum, I would have removed the dende-fix topic: at this point it breaks more then it repairs, though I can't fully prove that yet.
I am
I am
Reactions: 7

Post by bobby00 »

grim i can cashapp u some if need help hit me up