Start date crap

Forum for Trash talk! Keep it here, and here only.
skaven

Re: Start date crap

Post by skaven »

Hey JR, good to see you! :mrgreen:
Trekker wrote:
skaven wrote:Do you have anything concrete that says 1999? All that I could find pointed to mid-2000.
Inside my CD which does not say "oem" (all green Full NA full violence 1.03, non-retail, no boxes or anything, just a brown paper sleeve with CD Key on a sticker), has some files dated in 1999.

Retail Stores had these in stock before the official release date.

With 1.03's release "this early" Demo version has to be even "earlier".

I have no other information other than checking ASUS Deluxe Series release date or when exactly I built the systems, defo end of 1998/ early to mid 1999 before Y2K.

I remember installing the cheaper Celeron 400s and overclocking the FSB to 75 MHz from 66 and it was released Jan 1999 ( not that I bought them right then but months later) the 100MHz/ MT/s showed up exactly two years later (for the Celerons)
I can't find much on the Deluxe series but the V7700 manual (rev 1.00) says May 2000. According to Wikipedia, GeForce2 was released just a month earlier.
Any date on the disc's surface? Would be nice to see a picture of it. :smile:
Trekker

Post by Trekker »

Another site says announced Aug 25th, 2000, not sure of region.

I had Vendor's Permit back then and ordered directly from the Manufacturer at times if I had at least 3 builds.

Have to recall if it was TV version, no TV or the specifics.

Two of the system's were for the plant manager where I was working at and another manager.
I quit that job early 2000, long before May. And the systems were built before 2000.

Have to think hard to see if I remember more.
skaven

Post by skaven »

Are you sure you're not thinking about V6600?

I'm pretty sure I had this one back in the day, Drakan and Rollcage are ringing some bells.
Trekker

Post by Trekker »

Possible, I remember Drakan being one of the games and 3D Glasses for sure, don't remember 12 other game titles unless they were Demos. Mine had 3 full games can't remember if any other games or Demos!
Emirate

Post by Emirate »

Fuckemup wrote:Case Closed - thank you oldskoolers for confirming my stories.
People said i made things up, can i get a AMEN.

And Hi again Skaven  :wub:
:clap:
Fossil

Post by Fossil »

Imagine still thinking about this 8 years later and still being wrong.

"Files from 99", obviously the game was MADE in 98/99 doesn't mean the game was RELEASED in 99.

Not sure what that picture of the CD proves, could be a demo, could be an unreleased/early/beta version. That is not a full release CD.
Fossil

Post by Fossil »

btw cant believe the 'flame' section is still up, it was cringe in 2004 now its just straight up embarrassing.

Imagine looking for a SoF fix and seeing a 30 page NEWSKOOL vs OLDSKOOL thread.
Fuckemup

Post by Fuckemup »

Your right Smokestah, i faked all those accounts that claim they played the game before 2000 bruv im sorry.
Imagine Imagine, its all made up.

:rolleyes:
Grim

Post by Grim »

I understand you. We each have our own way of coping with the departure of this game. I check the list of servers almost every day.
Fossil

Post by Fossil »

Fuckemup wrote:Your right Smokestah, i faked all those accounts that claim they played the game before 2000 bruv im sorry.
Imagine Imagine, its all made up.

:rolleyes:
?

Trekker building a PC 21 years ago and assuming things? And SoF files being created in 99, ya the game was created in 99 not released in 99.

Maybe you played the demo.
Fossil

Post by Fossil »

Grim wrote:I understand you. We each have our own way of coping with the departure of this game. I check the list of servers almost every day.
Lets hold each other
Fossil

Post by Fossil »

Now i do think your whole point was/is wanting to be older than oldskool. Everyone says they started in 2000 so you say you played in 99, trying to one up.

If you think you are having a 'battle' with me, there is no need, i concede. You 100% played this game ealier than i did, prob by months, 11-12 year old me took a while to figure and download those patches.

Congratulations jr now stfu and lets play SoF sometime.
Fuckemup

Post by Fuckemup »

Would be fun bro, still best game ever created for me.
I would pay 50-100 € to play a classic game of irq = 5vs5, equal teams, 10 flags, 0 timelimit, alot of flame and binds. :mrgreen:
Preacher

Post by Preacher »

Fuckemup wrote:Would be fun bro, still best game ever created for me.
I would pay 50-100 € to play a classic game of irq = 5vs5, equal teams, 10 flags, 0 timelimit, alot of flame and binds.  :mrgreen:
I'm up. Give me theee moneyyy baby.
Emirate

Post by Emirate »

Fuckemup wrote:Would be fun bro, still best game ever created for me.
I would pay 50-100 € to play a classic game of irq = 5vs5, equal teams, 10 flags, 0 timelimit, alot of flame and binds.  :mrgreen:
Coun't me in :assassin: