G'Day

Models + Mapping, Computer & SOF Problems.
Reactions: 0

G'Day

Post by Mercenary »

I just discovered and joined this site.

I have been trying for the past few hours to get SoF working in a VM and I wasn't able to. I gave up. But then I discovered there is a community version! I immediately downloaded it and was excited to play. But then nothing...
It doesn't work. I'm on Windows 10 Pro 21H2. I have tried compatibility mode for Windows 98, Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows XP Service Pack 3 and Windows 7 and also run as administrator. Nothing. I even tried renaming sof.exe to mohaa.exe that I saw on a reddit post. But it came up with this error:

loadlibrary("defsnd.dll") failed

I don't know what else to do.
Reactions: 15

Re: G'Day  :mrgreen:

Post by Acadie »

The link below should probably help fixing the issue.
https://www.sof1.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4527" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Reactions: 0

Re: G'Day  :mrgreen:

Post by Mercenary »

I found another post on Reddit I think it was. Or from a Google search. Anyway this solution worked.

Make a copy of the sof.exe twice. Then rename one of them mohaa.exe (the original one) and launch that. So basically the original is renamed to mohaa.exe and the copy you rename to sof.exe.
Strange how that works. It crashed the first time I exited the game but it works now.
I don't know why you have to rename it to Medal of Honour Allied Assault exe but hey it works.

Computers and software are strange sometimes lol.
Reactions: 16

Re: G'Day

Post by Keifer »

Mad as this is, its always worked throughout time with these legacy games - also works with the classic dgvoodoo2.exe :D