Some questions i have

General Discussion: SoF Community Forum.
Reactions: 0

Some questions i have

Post by nissan »

Hey there,

The people that know me know that i was literally a kid when i played SoF, i think i was like 6-9 years when i began playing Sof, i really don't remember i have to ask my brother lol.

Because of how young i was, i have forgotten alot of things, but there are also some things i (vaguely) remember that are a bit "mythic" ? In a way lol, SoF is and will always be my favorite game ever, nothing comes close, i have very nostalgic feelings towards SoF and the community, so much nostalgic feelings it kinda makes me sad in a way.

But alas, let's get to the point, because some memories are mythic for me i have some questions, maybe that you guys can answer it for me :) Some questions might be too far fetched but still.

1: There was this clan that had a server that played one map only, an office map. All weapons were available, not only the shotty. The clan tag was pink with white i think ? The clan name was like [GtG] or [GxG] in pink, and their name was white. If i recall correctly some clan members were on that server 24/7 while being afk most of the time while using a female character. Does anyone know who they were ? Thinking about it it was kinda weird in a way, never saw them on any other server besides theirs.

2: Probably the biggest question, i have alot of fond memories on bunny tracks (RDAM maps ofcourse) and the RDAM clan members always were kinda mythical to me back then, i think i never even saw a RDAM clan member on a server playing, when were they an active clan? Does any of you guys know them, were they just normal players like us or did they only play on bunnytracks etc. etc.

3: Too far fetched probably, does anyone know Gabriel and/or Hitman ? That were their usernames. Gabriel is Brazilian and Hitman is Malaysian i think, i became pretty good friends with them (no idea how we communicated because of my dogshit English as a kid and their English not being that good aswell lol)

4: Does anyone know HollandSnow ? Is he still alive lol, mini-me would like to think we were friends in the SoF days but in reality i was probably a bit annoying (can't blame you guys for finding me annoying as a child really)

I probably have more questions that i just can't remember right now, while writing this some more memories came up that made me laugh hahaha, sadly i forgot alot of details and some nice memories. I still have alot of memories of the SoF days and i still cherish them really, SoF gets me insanely nostalgic. Funny thing is, currently i am as old as you guys were when SoF was in it's hay days lol
Last edited by nissan on 02 Nov 2022, 19:54, edited 2 times in total.
Reactions: 14

Re: Some questions i have

Post by Evil4N »

1. I am not sure why you want to bring back memories of a clan that would kick players because they were running and not walking in their office-only server. I used to play there when I was bored... but I had to turn my run-mode to off.

2. Rdam was lead by Peter, I think some people here know him. That american mapmaker I responded to in the other topic knows him obviously.

3. nope. Must be a DogHouse member ?
4. nope

The only memory you need is Minato teaching you CTF and how to use a shotgun, serving the IB clan. Do not forget who made you, Nissan lmao
Reactions: 15

Post by Acadie »

• 1. [GTO] Girl something Outrageous. A clan led by women.

• 2. I was a R'dam (later, the tag was changed to [RDAM]) member in 2006. The clan was primary played in Arsenal gametype but they also had various little fun modded servers. BunnyTrack was one of their bigger thing. They became disbanded somewhere in late 2007 or 2008. Soon after, one of their member tried to re-associate its legacy by creating the R team (the tag was simply a color coded name using green and black). They were active up until the leader passed away a few years later.

Random screenshot of me in 2006 with the clan tag in a CTF server because I was kinda all over the place while the clan mostly stayed in their own servers, lol.
    Spoiler:

• 3. I remember a Hitman in The Dog House but he was Australian.

• 4. No
Reactions: 4

Post by Nijogeth »

Yeah, the Hitman from Doghouse was Australian. Even ran his own server at one point.

Post by nissan »

Evil4N wrote: 30 Oct 2022, 23:58 1. I am not sure why you want to bring back memories of a clan that would kick players because they were running and not walking in their office-only server. I used to play there when I was bored... but I had to turn my run-mode to off.

2. Rdam was lead by Peter, I think some people here know him. That american mapmaker I responded to in the other topic knows him obviously.

3. nope. Must be a DogHouse member ?
4. nope

The only memory you need is Minato teaching you CTF and how to use a shotgun, serving the IB clan. Do not forget who made you, Nissan lmao
I see, honestly no idea why i remember that clan so vividly, they always strook me as odd really, thanks for the answers !

Hahahahaha, if i was a little older i would've dominated the SoF scene :ghehe: born too late to dominate the SoF scene sadly :( surely the biggest what if's in the SoF scene lmao.

It's so funny that you guys have memories of teaching stuff to me (with obvious trolling hahaha), really got no clue how bearable i was as a dumb kid. It's amazing you guys remember stuff that i have forgotten about

Post by nissan »

Acadie wrote: 31 Oct 2022, 05:02
  • 1. [GTO] Girl something Outrageous. A clan led by women.

• 2. I was a R'dam (later, the tag was changed to [RDAM]) member in 2006. The clan was primary played in Arsenal gametype but they also had various little fun modded servers. BunnyTrack was one of their bigger thing. They became disbanded somewhere in late 2007 or 2008. Soon after, one of their member tried to re-associate its legacy by creating the R team (the tag was simply a color coded name using green and black). They were active up until the leader passed away a few years later.

Random screenshot of me in 2006 with the clan tag in a CTF server because I was kinda all over the place while the clan mostly stayed in their own servers, lol.
    Spoiler:

• 3. I remember a Hitman in The Dog House but he was Australian.

• 4. No
Thanks for the answers ! I never believed they were women, but damn i guess they really are lol, i remember arguing with them about it lmaoo.

I see, never knew it was an Arsenal clan, i have so much hours in their BunnyTrack maps, those maps are burned into my mind, i still know them precisely. Thanks for the screenshot ? They are like small time capsules hahaha, looking at them always brings a smile to my face.
Nijogeth wrote: 31 Oct 2022, 19:37 Yeah, the Hitman from Doghouse was Australian. Even ran his own server at one point.

Thank you and Nijogeth for pointing out he's Australian ! I really thought he was Malaysian or Indonesian lol, one thing im sure of was that he had 200 ping so him actually being Australian makes perfect sense, and he played alot in the DogHouse servers! I think he was one of my best friends really, played alot of 2v2's with him, i think he was pretty decent aswell given he had roughly 160-220 ping haahhahha
Reactions: 16

Post by Keifer »

Hai.

Post by nissan »

Keifer wrote: 03 Nov 2022, 15:44Hai.
Halloe.