MP Server UT-Chart

Reactions: 0

Re: MP Server UT-Chart

Post by Hayo »

Dutchman wrote:this is really annoying, due to those excess messages you miss important ones (like flag taken etc.), and since it is ctf who cares about frags anyway.
Agreed. I think new sounds are fine but there shouldnt be any extra sounds. Like Dutch said you simply miss important other messages.
Reactions: 1

Post by MinatO »

I don't miss any messages ingame at all. You can hear it + scoreboard? At least thats how I do it.

Anyways if you want to remove it, see this topic for fix:
http://www.sof1.org/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=3776" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Reactions: 14

Post by Evil4N »

Evil4N wrote:Kills made in one life:

hattrick - 3 kills
killing spree - 5 killls
ludicrous kill - 7 kills
rampage - 10 kills
dominating - 13 kills
unstoppable - 16 kills
wickedsick - 19 kills
godlike - 22 kills
holyshit - 25 kills

Chart is too OP, I believe. Only in jpn the current chart could work out.
So this will be changed for TDW server this week. After 10 kills you will get the next listed "UT-sound" after every kill :)
Reactions: 9

Post by Emirate »

Evil4N wrote:
Chart is too OP, I believe. Only in jpn the current chart could work out.
Bullshit!

Post by Ademk »

Dutchman wrote:this is really annoying, due to those excess messages you miss important ones (like flag taken etc.), and since it is ctf who cares about frags anyway.
me
dmd
Netherlands

Post by dmd »

Ademk wrote:
me
Most of you suck at high fragging these days, including you Ademk. Except Butcha and Jarek. But ye it''s all about flags.
Reactions: 2

Post by Sauron »

dmd wrote:Most of you suck at high fragging these days, including you Ademk. Except Butcha and Jarek and Emirate and Fluxy..  But ye it''s all about flags.
:dito:
I miss Hawk :dry:
dmd
Netherlands

Post by dmd »

Sauron wrote:Chart
Sauron wrote:
dmd wrote:Most of you suck at high fragging these days, including you Ademk. Except Butcha and Jarek and Emirate and Fluxy.. But ye it''s all about flags.
:dito:
I miss Hawk :dry:
Hmm I never said anything about Emirate. Placing him in my quote you made, sneaky bitch :ghehe:
No as far as I seen his frags or any others these days they don't go over a 80/100 on big maps like Bronx, Dust2001/2002 (perhaps against rusty noobs on maybe 7v7 games). Even on small maps 50/60, 80 vs rusty ass teams is the best for most. Except Butcha, Jarek.

Pazey, Fushy, Craneo, Junior and me and indeed Hawk were able to do this.

Post by Emirate »

dmd wrote:Hmm I never said anything about Emirate. Placing him in my quote you made, sneaky bitch :ghehe:
No as far as I seen his frags or any others these days they don't go over a 80/100 on big maps like Bronx, Dust2001/2002 (perhaps against rusty noobs on maybe 7v7 games). Even on small maps 50/60, 80 vs rusty ass teams is the best for most. Except Butcha, Jarek.

A lot more people were/are able to do this. The thing is, most of them simply chose/choose a different playstyle. Why would you frag someone on mid, to encounter him later in his base again when you're defense can perfectly take care of the people pushing through? I rely on tactics and positioning to get my team the win rather than raw fragpower. Imo harder to predict and harder to counter.

btw, remove dust2 from that list, easy to get a shitton of frags on that map. Add egypt ^^ The guys that get 100 frags against on those big maps have no clue how to play those maps though. That means one guy gets to kill each teammember once a minute during 20 minutes. I dare anyone here to even spot me 20 times on bronx :mrgreen:

Thanks for putting me there sauron, but I don't belong on that list :tongue:
dmd
Netherlands

Post by dmd »

Emirate wrote:
dmd wrote:Hmm I never said anything about Emirate. Placing him in my quote you made, sneaky bitch :ghehe:

A lot more people were/are able to do this. The thing is, most of them simply chose/choose a different playstyle. Why would you frag someone on mid, to encounter him later in his base again when you're defense can perfectly take care of the people pushing through? I rely on tactics and positioning to get my team the win rather than raw fragpower. Imo harder to predict and harder to counter.

btw, remove dust2 from that list, easy to get a shitton of frags on that map. Add egypt ^^ The guys that get 100 frags against on those big maps have no clue how to play those maps though. That means one guy gets to kill each teammember once a minute during 20 minutes. I dare anyone here to even spot me 20 times on bronx :mrgreen:

Thanks for putting me there sauron, but I don't belong on that list :tongue:
I don't think you knew my playstyle and the old MP playstyle (2005 - 2007) as a whole. I tanked through mid mostly and also covered a lot. As MP we had great tactics (just ask Minato) We did not use teamspeak but just plain old binds. Me with my teammates Dawn (Minato), Fushy, Bundy, Muere, Craneo, Shady, Bundy, Time, Evilan, Striker you name em' had great teamwork together no matter what. We crushed other clans with 15 flags or more in difference with other clans sometimes. And besides that, in the end the team with the most fragpower wins the regular maps like irqctf1, jpnctf1,sud1, gic and some other maps like that.

Post by Evil4N »

Fragpower ? Pretty sure TDW topped that in jpn @ 2006. I remember before we would play TCL we would do a one round jpn to get our aim warmed-up. As Dumond said, fragpower is just 50% of the job, the other 50% is tactics.

But in today's SFL I would say: 30% fragpower, 40% tactics, 30% Home-server.
dmd
Netherlands

Post by dmd »

dmd wrote:
Emirate wrote:

btw, remove dust2 from that list, easy to get a shitton of frags on that map. Add egypt ^^ The guys that get 100 frags against on those big maps have no clue how to play those maps though. That means one guy gets to kill each teammember once a minute during 20 minutes. I dare anyone here to even spot me 20 times on bronx  :mrgreen:
Why would we have chosen to do use this? Let me tell you again. Because most of our teammates had great teamwork by just plain old fucking binds. Clans like G, c2o and all others adopted to this play-style and did not use teamspeak for this game in the old days. We did need not use teamspeak for good teamplay. So, more skills involved in that apartment. Hell, most of us hated using it. (even when it was around back then)

You played in a different era of SOF with only very few players left and even fewer skullcrackers. And almost all players that came back in your era (most of the old people that came back for a game of nostalgia) did not even bother to play good or did not care anymore because we had our shine at the peak in the past in the time you just started playing with always run off.

The real skills involved in this game were players providing solely on binds or no binds at all (yes you had to be quick to read bind messages because of chat flood protection) and only one player who had to use these important binds had to deal with the chat flood protection.

On in the mid, cracking skulls and staying alive on his last HP, keep on cracking these respawned players (even with full armor)  skulls in mid and (and also reporting back by binds some areas were cleared) to kill remaining enemy's on the field so his teammate could cap the flag and still win with a great flag difference sometimes in the end. And I am am not even talking about camping.

Only a few tank players were able to do this, Only a small list from the players of my era, Hippy (not the one you played from your era), Matsu (also not the one you played from your era, and I am not going to say this again because they were rusty as fuck in your era) DoA, Muere, Ironic, Craneo, Static, Fushy, Bugli (2002/2004), Weirdo, Painy, Crazyhorse and myself included, to just to name a few.

BTW in that time most players were a lot younger and due to more plastic dopamine and glutamate neuron-circuits and sensitive dopamine receptors we were able to learn this game much faster.
Add egypt ^^ The guys that get 100 frags against on those big maps have no clue how to play those maps though.
Got proof for this? Just ignorant prejudice statements from you side. In fact I liked that map pretty well and knew him good.
dmd
Netherlands

Post by dmd »

Emirate wrote:

Why would we have chosen to do use this? Let me tell you again. Because most of our teammates had great teamwork by just plain old fucking binds. Clans like G, c2o and all others adopted to this play-style and did not use teamspeak for this game in the old days. We did not need teamspeak for good teamplay. So, more skills involved in that department. Hell, most of us hated using it. (even when it was around back then)

You played in a different era of SOF with only very few players left and even fewer skullcrackers. And almost all players that came back in your era (most of the old people that came back for a game of nostalgia) did not even bother to play good or did not care anymore because we had our shine at the peak in the past in the time you just started playing with always run off.

The real skills involved in this game were players providing solely on binds or no binds at all (yes you had to be quick to read bind messages because of chat flood protection) and only one player who had to use these important binds had to deal with the chat flood protection.

On in the mid, cracking skulls and staying alive on his last HP, keep on cracking these respawned players (even with full armor) skulls in mid and (and also reporting back by binds some areas were cleared) to kill remaining enemy's on the field so his teammate could cap the flag and still win with a great flag difference sometimes in the end. And I am am not even talking about camping.

Only a few tank players were able to do this, Only a small list from the players of my era, Hippy (not the one you played from your era), Matsu (also not the one you played from your era, and I am not going to say this again because they were rusty as fuck in your era) DoA, Muere, Ironic, Craneo, Static, Fushy, Bugli (2002/2004), Weirdo, Painy, Crazyhorse and myself included, just to name a few.

BTW in that time most players were a lot younger and due to more plastic dopamine, glutamate neuron-circuits and sensitive dopamine receptors we were able to learn this game much faster.
Add egypt ^^ The guys that get 100 frags against on those big maps have no clue how to play those maps though.
Got tangible proof for this? Just an ignorant prejudice statement from your side. In fact, I liked that map pretty well and knew him good.
Last edited by dmd on 03 Feb 2016, 23:05, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Emirate »

Well you're taking this a bit too serious are you not? Not my intention to turn this into some kind of bitchfight again lol

I was just telling how I think about playing sof and using particular tactics on particular teams and you start some kind of essay on how fragging is the most effective? Ofcourse with that team you mentioned every kid could've thought of taking on the opponenet purely fragwise, doesn't take the iq of einstein to think of that. What if there was only one fragger on your team those days? Like Hawk was for mad. It wouldn't be very effective < exactly my point.

I like how you're asking for proof though, all I see coming from you are stories from ''back in zeh dayz''. Fact is actually, that I have been playing since 2004 and actually have seen most of those players play and I have played against most of them. The ones I was impressed with over the years? Pazey, craneo, matsu. The rest of that list used the excuse of being rusty way too often, and way too long, to be even taken seriously, or they were only good on 2 or 3 maps while being simply outplayed on other, mostly bigger, maps. Being rusty kinda means lacking the capability of getting back at a respectable level again. Which should not be hard if you're such a good player imo.

If you want a pat on the back for ever being good at this game, get to your oldskool buddies, they're probably more than happy to keep this pink image of the oldskool era alive. If you want it from others, stop telling stories and start playing to back it up. Shouldn't be too hard to catch up these days.

Post by Evil4N »

Emirate wrote:If you want a pat on the back for ever being good at this game, get to your oldskool buddies, they're probably more than happy to keep this pink image of the oldskool era alive.
So true, it's today that count, not yesterday :cool:

Post by butcha »

Emirate wrote:Well you're taking this a bit too serious are you not? Not my intention to turn this into some kind of bitchfight again lol

I was just telling how I think about playing sof and using particular tactics on particular teams and you start some kind of essay on how fragging is the most effective? Ofcourse with that team you mentioned every kid could've thought of taking on the opponenet purely fragwise, doesn't take the iq of einstein to think of that. What if there was only one fragger on your team those days? Like Hawk was for mad. It wouldn't be very effective < exactly my point.

I like how you're asking for proof though, all I see coming from you are stories from ''back in zeh dayz''. Fact is actually, that I have been playing since 2004 and actually have seen most of those players play and I have played against most of them. The ones I was impressed with over the years? Pazey, craneo, matsu. The rest of that list used the excuse of being rusty way too often, and way too long, to be even taken seriously, or they were only good on 2 or 3 maps while being simply outplayed on other, mostly bigger, maps. Being rusty kinda means lacking the capability of getting back at a respectable level again. Which should not be hard if you're such a good player imo.

If you want a pat on the back for ever being good at this game, get to your oldskool buddies, they're probably more than happy to keep this pink image of the oldskool era alive. If you want it from others, stop telling stories and start playing to back it up. Shouldn't be too hard to catch up these days.
Agreed.. sof 2016 is some next level shit
dmd
Netherlands

Post by dmd »

Yes and I was just referring to the old MP and other clans play style. I respect EF and their play tactic play style a lot. Intelligent way of playing a game. I agree with Pazey, Craneo but I don't know about Matsu if he was always very solid when he came back last time (me not so much, rusty as fuck lol) And of-course I want some validation for my past in this game :ghehe: Who doesn't really? :ninja: I think we never player against each other at my peak or maybe later in beginning of 2007 before I stopped and my skill dropped. Maybe you don't mention the others or my name because of a personal biased opinion, or it is just your real opinion.

No, as you can see I was not turning this into a bitchfight, I was just trying to start a dialogue. I am not like the others around here creating flamewars. I think we (I see you as the most intelligent guy around here for your age) could just have some dialogue, because that is what forums are for. Some parts might come over as attacking you, but hey it stays SOF. Our dialogue is quite civilized if you compare it to the rest of these guys.
Last edited by dmd on 03 Feb 2016, 15:16, edited 1 time in total.
Reactions: 0

Post by Fossil »

Evil4N wrote:
Emirate wrote:If you want a pat on the back for ever being good at this game, get to your oldskool buddies, they're probably more than happy to keep this pink image of the oldskool era alive.
So true, it's today that count, not yesterday  :cool:
So fucking true. This very moment is the only thing that counts, SoF 2016 with 3 clans.
dmd
Netherlands

Post by dmd »

Fossil wrote:
Evil4N wrote:
So true, it's today that count, not yesterday  :cool:
So fucking true. This very moment is the only thing that counts, SoF 2016 with 3 clans.
Indeed man, SOF after 2010 is where it all about! Some of the 60 players finally reaching peaks after years and years of intense training in the DOG house and now they really represent something in a 16/17 year old game! Old players in this game are history man.

Some of the oldies getting eyesight problems, drug problems, food addictions, lose their sharpness and neurons in that brain thing (for many reasons) while the time pasts for the oldies around us and losing motivation to get back to that historic game and become pro as fuck. Like in football you know? Maradona getting all fat and shit and now he's even dead. Fuck em G, he's history.

But wait... Football has thousands of pro players and more than a million spectators! I guess that does really do count! Fuck Maradonna indeed, Messi is the shit now. No........ deep inside SOF 2016 is still better than the Champions League in my opinion!

SoF 2016 with 3 clans. 30 players, 15 players with an IQ below 70. This is where it is at! Bring it on!
Last edited by dmd on 05 Feb 2016, 08:07, edited 1 time in total.

Post by MinatO »

Dumond is right. In the last let's say 7-8 years there have been no "tanks" like there have been in the past. When I say tank, I mean a guy who can get 100+ frags just by attacking, capping flags etc.
The only remnants of this type of playstyle were Pazey and Craneo. You can say whatever bullshit you want, but if you would put the current top line-up of EF against Pazey/Craneo and 3 random guys, they would still get 100+ frags on most games. That shouldn't be possible if 1 line-up has a better lineup. I played games where I thought I played amazing and maybe had 70+ frags against a strong team and often when I looked up the stats after the game, I was like: wait pazey had even 30 frags more? What the fuck. I've seen him do ridiculous shit and get called cheater so many times.

Most people who get 100 frags, do it by either camping in base or camping mid. Maroc is a perfect example. Camp mid armor with a bunch of nades and you can get 10-20 kill streaks.
Fluxy is a great player but he's the type who plays like this. Honestly Fushy also had this type of playstyle when he returned to sof the last time.
Either defend in base, camp armor and nades, get a ton of frags or camp mid with armor/nades and get a ton of frags.
The tanks i'm talking about, would just storm the enemy base, kill 3-5 people, take the flag, cap the flag and do it again a couple of times.

I started in 2001 and started TCL in about 2002. The only players i've seen doing this:
Kalok/Matsu: in my opinion IX Matsu was the best Matsu
Hawk: You can not imagine what a shitty team hawk used to have in MAD. You know EF Dope? That terrible player? Well imagine a rusty EF dope but then 2-3 of them and then a guy like evilbork who lags so hard that he's useless the entire game. Regardless of this, Hawk would still monster his way through against the likes of G and C2o in their prime. Truely exceptional. Probably the most underrated player of all time. Loved his playstyle too, he didnt jump, crouch, roll, just Z and W and pop heads. He never had a decent team to be called a legendary player. In that [?] clan or whatever it was called, it was probably more visible but imo already past his prime.
Dumond
Pazey
Craneo
WeirdO: In his FI era
Power: In his Seals era
Ape
Peace(not the french one): Should not be in this list but he's worth mentioning. Unfortunately he only became good in 2008 or later, so it's hard to measure him with the other players. However prime Peace was godlike Peace. He would frag hard on maps like the one with the 2 castles and the bridge/water in the middle which is really hard if you're playing against a better lineup. Even so, he'd still get ridiculous stats and made many players cry about cheats on a daily basis. Then randomly dissapeared and reappeared in [?] together with weedy, dutch and hawk.